Transportation & Logistics
Over 2,600 organizations around the world, including over 200 of the world's leading transportation and logistics companies, rely on UNIT4 state-of-the-art Coda Financials global accounting solution.
Accounting for change in the transportation and logistics sector
Coda Financials is ideally suited to support transportation and logistics organizations in a demanding and complex trading environment, where access to reliable financial intelligence and comprehensive analysis and control of financial information can set a company apart from its competitors.
For each of our transportation and logistics customers, we work hard to understand their individual business issues so that they can implement the most effective low-risk and cost-effective solutions. With a track record second to none, we supply transportation and logistics organizations with the financial engine to support effective decision-making and advanced profitability tracking.
Integration to logistics and freight systemsTransportation and logistics companies benefit from Coda’s ability to seamlessly integrate with specialized or custom-built operational systems, such as freight and container management systems. Users have real-time visibility of all sources of revenue, expenses, supplier performance and statistical data. There are infinite ways to classify, measure and analyze profitability including by shipment, vessel voyage, container and bill of lading.
Agent financial netting and more….Coda offers a unique blend of accounting capabilities that can’t be found in most generic accounting systems including: trade partner netting, true multi-currency accounting, extensive intercompany handling, and the fastest period close process in the industry.
Capabilities for the transportation & logistics industry
The following capabilities make Coda Financials particularly well suited for the transportation and logistics sector:
- Single financial model
- Eliminates time lags, sub ledgers, reconciling and unnecessary integration
- Instantaneous or perpetual close
- Allows for trade partner and agent netting
- Trade partner and agent netting
- One master record for the trade or agent relationship
- A/R and A/P transactions in one location, under one relationship record
- Real time net position – always reconciled
- Pay on net balance or request payment on net balance
- Prevents payments to agents with open receivables
- Track trade partner by location, shipments, etc.
- Instant net position statement with supporting payable and receivable activity
- Supports multiple partner and/or transaction currencies
- Real-time reporting
- Up-to-the-second reporting of cash positions, profitability. etc.
- Full range of reporting tools available from online browsing to multidimensional data marts
- Easy and secure Microsoft ®Excel® integration
- Multidimensional analysis
- Infinite ways to classify, measure, and analyze the business
- Flexible analysis of vessel voyages, shipments, containers and bill of ladings
- Unparalleled currency management and exposure analysis
- Advanced allocations
- Flexible allocation rules to distribute administrative and service fees across products, services and companies
- Real-time or batch integration– with trading, freight management, logistics and operational systems
- Expose all accounting logic, security and financial validation to any other application
- Provide secure, real-time accounting web services to other applications
- Automated processes and controls
- Extend and automate financial controls across operational processes, applications and people throughout the organization
- Continuous, visible and auditable compliance controls
- Self-documenting processes and audit trail
- Global – “multi-everything”
- Multi-company, multi-currency, multi-language, inter-company
- Designed for diverse and global operations
- Independent close calendars by company
- Centralized or de-centralized financial operations
Contact us for more information about how we can help transportation and logistics organizations embrace change!