Housing Authority Software
Sharing many similar business requirements with local governments and non-profit organizations, Housing Authorities often face the same challenges and can benefit from housing authority financial management software that helps them respond to frequent change.
1. Specific Challenges Met by Agresso ERP
We hear from Housing Authorities about the challenges posed by an ever-shifting set of requirements:
- changing reporting requirements from funding agencies and regulatory bodies (e.g. new HUD reporting requirements)
- new revenue opportunities driving new requirements;
- internal reorganizations and re-structuring or changes in governance;
- fluid business processes, new projects, and changing tenant profiles.
Agresso from UNIT4 Business Software is fully-integrated Housing Authority ERP software that guarantees that financial information is always available and reliable and processes run smoothly even when requirements keep shifting. With Agresso, Housing Authorities can build stronger communities by improving their:
- Adaptability – respond quickly to changing funding criteria and reporting requirements from funding sources and improve decision making with real-time accurate financial information
- Efficiency – eliminate manual, error-prone processes to focus on more value-added activities; eliminate silos to ensure organization-wide access to the same information.
- Accountability – demonstrate sound financial controls, transparency and fiscal responsibility to auditors, regulatory bodies and stakeholders.
2. Benefits of Housing Authority Financial Management Software
Agresso allows Housing Authorities to dramatically improve both their operations and their financial stewardship and focus on their mandate and their tenants. With Agresso you can:
- instantly access relevant, accurate financial information and eliminate silos with shared information across the entire organization;
- launch innovative new programs eligible for additional funding (e.g. Moving To Work program);
- modify processes quickly and easily with visual tools;
- use comprehensive pre-built and ad hoc reporting capabilities;
- integrate easily with common front-office systems.
3. Complete, Integrated Housing Authority ERP Software
Agresso offers top-tier core financial and real-time accounting tools for Housing Authorities:
- General Ledger
- Billing & Accounts Receivable
- Accounts Payable
- Contract Management
- Grant Management
- Fund Accounting
- Encumbrances Accounting
- Debt Management
- Budgeting & Forecasting
- Cash Management
- Loan Servicing
- Field Asset Management & Maintenance
- Project Costing and Billing
Fully integrated with the financial tools are a complete suite of modules including Human Resources and Payroll, Planning, Procurement Management, Business Process Automation, and Enterprise Reporting & Analytics. With all these functions integrated, organizations avoid multiple spreadsheets and disparate tools that can be cumbersome and prone to error.
4. Improve Adaptability with Agile ERP software
Improve decision making with real-time financial information and create agile business processes to build strong communities with user-controlled visual tools:
- Respond to the changing reporting requirements of funding and regulatory agencies;
- Take advantage of new funding programs by quickly changing processes to comply with their requirements;
- Manage complex budgets based on occupancy, inflation, changes in subsidies, etc. and create “what-if” scenarios for comparisons;
- Track grant expenditures in real-time and implement financial controls on projects;
- Track activities in multiple dimensions (e.g. by location, department, project) and perform interval or ad-hoc reporting on any dimension.
5. Improve Efficiency with Fully-integrated ERP Software
Streamline administrative processes; eliminate manual tasks and free staff to focus on containing costs and delivering quality, affordable housing:
- Streamline information sharing across your entire organization to improve service levels;
- Eliminate manual checking and report running with pro-active alerting;
- Automate budget checking to monitor the availability of funds and ensure money is available for that project or cost center, prior to placing orders.
- Store all electronic documents (e.g. invoices, applications, contracts, images) in a single document archive for easy retrieval;
- Offer employee web-based self-service tools for time and expenses, and requisitions (with real-time funds checking);
- Create user-defined paperless approval processes with an intuitive graphical workflow tool;
- Monitor the efficiency of processes, highlight bottlenecks and make adjustments for maximum efficiency;
- Integrate with key systems via standards-based interfaces and minimize other 3rd party tools to simplify your IT environment and maintenance agreements.
6. Improve Accountability with Financial Management Software
Demonstrate to funding sources, regulators, tax payers and residents that you are delivering on your programs effectively and with transparent fiscal responsibility:
- Monitor KPI’s in role-based dashboards, over the web and on mobile devices;
- Enjoy fast, accurate enterprise reporting with a wide range of prepared reports, and exceptionally powerful ad hoc reporting;
- Monitor events and create alerts to rapidly respond to issues – such as approaching budget limits, changes in occupancy rates, tenant income profiles, etc.;
- Maintain a full audit trail of “who did what and when” showing responsibility and approvals for various stages of any process;
- Ensure data integrity through robust security, controlled data access (by user or group) and full audit tracking.
Contact us for more information about how we can help your organization embrace change!
What customers are saying
“Agresso will provide the agility we need to respond to unexpected changes in the future. Public Housing and the Section 8 program are both highly regulated and Congress often tweaks the regulations from one year to the next. Some of these tweaks can be ... an enormous burden on our finance team. With Agresso, we will be able to adapt to changes like these with ease, and focus our time and attention on our mandate.”
Director of Finance, King County Housing Authority.