UNIT4 offers a unique approach to deploying all our financial software solutions. Where you want your application hosted is entirely up to you. You can run it locally on your own servers and with your own IT department, or you can deploy in the cloud. And uniquely to UNIT4, you can migrate back and forth, simply and easily if your IT requirements or strategies change.
Where many software vendors provide an on-premise version of their software and a separate, (light-weight) cloud-based version, UNIT4 deploys the exact same software that can be run in both environments.
On-premise is the way ERP software and financial accounting software has been deployed traditionally. It is best suited to organizations that:
- have existing in-house IT and database expertise;
- have IT hardware infrastructure already in place;
- face regulatory obligations impacting where your data can be stored.
Cloud computing has become commonplace and more and more organizations are moving critical financial and operational information to the cloud. The reliability, security, anytime-anywhere access, and scalability offered by a cloud deployment is attractive to organizations that want to:
- avoid the overhead of in-house ERP-specific IT expertise;
- avoid the costs of purchasing and maintaining ERP-specific IT infrastructure;
- fluidly scale their consumption of data storage and computing power with their organization’s needs;
• speed up their implementation.
Licensing vs. Deployment
There is a lot of confusion out in the market place about “cloud-computing”, “SaaS”, licensing and other terminology that is used inconsistently. We use the term SaaS to refer to the combination of subscription-based pricing and cloud-based deployment. These are often selected together as they both offer the same advantage of lower initial costs.
Note however, you can also choose a subscription license with an on-premise deployment. This is an advantage UNIT4 offers and leaves you free to select a combination that best suits your organization. Learn more about our software licensing options.