Mergers & Acquisitions
Businesses involved in mergers and acquisitions face critical technology choices regarding platforms, networking and applications. They cannot afford to repeat old mistakes in merging business data from Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and financial management software systems.
Through Agresso ERP and Coda Financials, UNIT4 Business Software offers a number of important advantages to businesses facing these critical choices as a result of M&A activity.
Coda Financials was designed to mitigate the problems arising from changes like mergers and acquisitions by leveraging the unrivalled flexibility of its Link architecture.
Agresso ERP Advantages for Mergers & Acquisitions
It is easy to understand market confusion (and subsequent disappointment) about SOA-based technologies, when SOA is so often inaccurately cast as a breakthrough architecture promising salvation for out-moded and unwieldy systems, instead of as an enabler or an architectural façade, which are more accurate descriptions.
SOA technology delivers its real value in allowing the market’s best-of-breed solutions to integrate effectively into strong and agile architectures like Agresso’s Vita architecture.
Agresso customers, characterized as “Businesses Living in Change” (BLINC™), have a better choice. When facing M&A activities they can:
- either to move data from their acquired/merged businesses completely into Agresso’s Vita; or,
- leverage Agresso’s integration capabilities – which also use SOA – to add in any non-Agresso applications that they wish to retain.
Download the Agresso ERP for Mergers and Acquisitions whitepaper and find out more about the advantages of Vita architecture in this area.
Coda Financials Advantages for Mergers & Acquisitions
Rapid business and regulatory change is the "new normal”, whether it is caused by a new line of business, re-organization, or mergers and acquisitions. In this environment, financial applications need to be exceptionally pliant and enable organizations to continually adapt to structural upheaval. Coda Financials addresses these challenges through its Link architecture.
First and foremost, the Link architecture stresses application configurability, rather than making changes at the database or application tool levels. And these changes are placed in the hands of business users rather than technical or consulting personnel. Second, the architecture is designed to minimize day-to-day maintenance caused by change.
Coda Financials Link architecture addresses three key change-challenges related to mergers and acquisitions:
- Processes and controls – the control framework adjusts for change and makes processes more visible, repeatable, and auditable.
- Reporting – the architecture solves the chart of accounts flexibility problem by providing a multidimensional financial model.
- Application integration – the architecture uses modern techniques such as web services and XML to protect integration routines from underlying system changes and provide backward-compatible, protecting integration links over time.
Contact UNIT4 Business Software to learn more about meeting your merger and acquisition requirements with Agresso ERP or Coda Financials.